GlucoMenu® Newsletter August 10-16, 2009
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
GlucoMenu® Breakfast Burrito
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 oz. low sodium mozzarella cheese
1 Mission low carb soft taco size tortilla
Featured Article: Blood Sugar Ranges
Where should blood sugar be to avoid complications? What are normal blood sugar ranges for healthy people?
Blood Sugar Ranges (pdf document)
E-mails to Christine:
What can I drink instead of water?
Tip of the Week:
Size up your portions! Having a good understanding of
how much a portion is can help you to control the amount of carbohydrate
consumed and decreases chances of overeating. Often foods can be sized up by comparison to household items.
1. Pour egg substitute into non-stick skillet. Begin to cook on medium heat.
2. As eggs begin to solidify, add vegetables and cheese and gently fold mixture. Continue to heat until eggs are cooked.
3. Serve mixture on tortilla.
4. Makes 1 burrito.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 223, Carbohydrate: 23 g, Fiber: 12 g, Fat: 7 g, Protein: 18 g, Sodium: 445 mg
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
- A medium potato is the size of a computer mouse.
- A standard size of a bagel is the size of a hockey puck.
- A cup of fruit is the size of a baseball.
- Three ounces of meat is about the size of a deck of cards.
- One ounce of cheese is the size of 4 dice.
1. Diabetes Type II second opinion
2. Glucophage side effects?
3. Just call me Allie...
4. Diabetes & steroids?
5. Diabetes poor control... help!
6. Where can I find a month of menus?
7. How do I help my husband? (response)
Make exercise convenient. Convenience leads to consistency. Choose a physical activity that you can
easily fit into your lifestyle. For example, wake up an hour early to
exercise or exercise during your lunch hour at work. Daily exercise is key so choose convenient activities.
Several sauces were recently added to Food Picker!
La Victoria Thick N Chunky Salsa
Mrs. Dash Garlic Lime 10-Minute Marinade
Prego Chunky Garden Combination Italian Sauce
Hunts Original BBQ Sauce
GlucoMenu® Food Picker v2.0 for Diabetics
I love the fact that I just have to purchase the stuff and prepare it... no writing down everything or trying to concoct a meal myself... Keep up the good work and I am so pleased that I found your site!
More Customer Reviews...