GlucoMenu® Newsletter August 24-30, 2009
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
GlucoMenu® Chicken Enchiladas
12 oz. roasted skinless chicken breast, diced
8 Mission low carb soft taco size tortillas
1 1/2 cups low salt black beans
4 T. salsa
2 1/2 cups Old El Paso enchilada sauce
6 oz. low sodium mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
Diabetic Beverage Guide
Select the link below for a list of beverages that a person with diabetes can choose more often. These beverages are very low in calorie and carbohydrate. The American Diabetes Association recognizes these as free foods.
Diabetic Beverage Guide
E-mails to Christine:
Will tomatoes cause an increase in blood sugar levels?
Tip of the Week:
Diet and blood sugar are directly related. High blood sugar in the short term can cause
excessive thirst, frequent urination, and blurred vision. In the long term, high blood sugar can cause complications
including kidney, nerve, and eye damage. Here are some food tips for better control:
1. Mix black beans and salsa.
2. Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom on a 9x12" baking dish.
3. Place even amount of chicken and bean mixture in 8 tortillas.
4. Sprinkle each with 1 small pinch of cheese. Roll up and place in dish.
5. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled up tortillas.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Top with olives.
7. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling.
8. Makes 8 enchiladas.
Nutrition Facts per enchilada:
Calories: 309, Carbohydrate: 31 g, Fiber: 13 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 26 g, Sodium: 754 mg
Control blood sugar with a healthy meal plan, regular exercise, and
frequent testing. Controlling blood sugar will help you avoid diabetes complications.
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
- Eat meals and snacks at the same time of the day, each day.
- Consume about the same amount of carbohydrate at meals and
snacks, each day.
- Avoid skipping meals or snacks.
- Consider the accuracy of your portion sizes.
1. Not being good
4. Type 2 Diabetic
5. Avandia and Metformin Weight Gain
6. Pre-Diabetes Neuropathy
7. Does food stimulate the pancreas to release insulin?
Featured Article: "What can a food label tell me?"
The Food and Drug Administration has standardized the food label found on foods. These food labels provide the
nutritional content of a food. Food labels include carbohydrates, fats, sodium,
and portion size. Take a look at the following food label and read on to learn
Reading a Food Label
Listening to music makes exercise easier! Use a music device with headphones (MP3, CD, or tape player) to keep you moving. Choose your favorite
upbeat music to stay motivated during a workout.
Several sauces were recently added to Food Picker!
La Victoria Thick N Chunky Salsa
Mrs. Dash Garlic Lime 10-Minute Marinade
Prego Chunky Garden Combination Italian Sauce
Hunts Original BBQ Sauce
GlucoMenu® Food Picker v2.0 for Diabetics
I want to thank you very much! I talked with my husband about trying your menus, and he agreed... What a blessing you have been!
The most amazing thing he says about this diet is he is never hungry on it. You are truly amazing lifesavers.
More Customer Reviews...