GlucoMenu® Newsletter December 13-19, 2010
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Tip of the Week:
Plan ahead for holiday gatherings! Holiday celebrations
can mean a lot of food and temptation. Planning ahead for such events can
make a big difference with blood sugar control. Consider these tips before
your next gathering.
Message from Christine:
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter covers:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Diabetes & Holiday Gatherings
- Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
- Newly Diagnosed? (e-mail to Christine)
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Plan ahead and enjoy the holidays!
- If eating a little too much is inevitable, balance with
increasing exercise for the day.
- Visit with friends and family away from the food spread to
avoid continuous nibbling.
- Plan for one food trip, using a plate, so you have control
over the amount eaten.
- Contribute to the food spread with a few safe bet,
healthier options. For example, bring along a vegetable tray, diet
soda, or other low carbohydrate beverages to enjoy.
- If you choose to consume alcohol, do so in moderation and be aware
that alcohol and drink mixes add extra calories.
Featured Article: Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Controlling blood sugar can delay or prevent diabetes complications. What, when, and how much you eat affects your blood sugar...
Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
FOODPICKER® Diabetes v2.0 Now Available!
E-mails to Christine:
Q: I was diagnosed on Monday of this week and feel really devastated. I need help with what foods I really need to eat.
A: It can certainly be overwhelming when you are first diagnosed. Keep in mind there is a lot you can do for yourself. Here are five things you should learn more about when first diagnosed...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
GlucoMenu® Artichoke Dip
1/2 cup fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
6 oz. marinated artichoke hearts, drained
4 T. grated parmesan cheese
1 t. black pepper
3 T. chopped green chilies
1 t. jalapeno peppers, diced (if desired)
1. Combine cream cheese and sour cream in mixing bowl.
2. Fold in other ingredients.
3. Chill for at least 1 hour and serve.
4. For a warm dip, heat in a baking dish at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes and serve.
5. Makes 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 100, Carbohydrate: 6 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 352 mg
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
I love the diet and am doing great... I am exercising as well. The thing I like
about your diet is I never feel hunger. Thanks for all of your help.
More Customer Reviews...