Carbohydrate Sugar & Diabetes Newsletter
Featured Article: What's the difference between carbohydrate and sugar?
Sugar is a carbohydrate. There are 3 main sources of calories your body can use for energy...
Carbohydrate vs. Sugar
Tip of the Week:
Get your eyes checked annually. Retinopathy is an eye complication associated with diabetes. Controlling blood sugar and regular eye doctor visits can help to prevent this complication.
The American Diabetes Association recommends having a thorough eye exam when you are diagnosed with diabetes if you are over the age of 30 and every year
GlucoMenu® Support Group:
In this issue:
GlucoMenu® Chicken Enchiladas
12 oz. roasted skinless chicken breast, diced
8 Mission low carb soft taco size tortillas
1 1/2 cups low salt black beans
4 T. salsa
2 1/2 cups Old El Paso enchilada sauce
6 oz. low sodium mozzarella, shredded
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
Nutrition Facts per enchilada:
- Mix black beans and salsa.
- Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom on a 9x12" baking dish.
- Place even amount of chicken and bean mixture in 8 tortillas.
- Sprinkle each with 1 small pinch of cheese. Roll up and place in dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolled up tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Top with olives.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Makes 8 enchiladas.
Calories: 309, Carbohydrate: 31 g, Fiber: 13 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 26 g, Sodium: 754 mg
1. Angry with diabetes
2. How do I help my husband?
3. Seasoned Type II person
4. Weight loss advice?
5. Can I make pre-diabetes go away? (response)
6. Actose? (response)
E-mails to Christine:
Should I be eating gluten free products?
Joining an exercise class can help keep you motivated and consistent with your workouts
because they are offered at set times. Make sure the difficulty level meets your fitness ability and
determine if the instructor is certified to teach exercise classes. Exercise should always include a warm up, heart rate monitoring, and a cool down
period with stretching.
Several snacks were recently added to Food Picker!
Ruffles Potato Chips Authentic BBQ
Nabisco Wheat Thins Chips 100 Calorie Packs Minis
Keebler Fudge Shoppe Peanut Butter Sticks
Jolly Time 100 Calorie Mini Bags Healthy Pop Kettle Corn
GlucoMenu® Food Picker v2.0 for Diabetics
Fill out the form below for a free Diabetes profile