GlucoMenu: Carbohydrate Choices
GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Carbohydrate Choices
Unsubscribe Click Here | Subscribe Click Here
Carbohydrate Choices (or carb counting)
One "Carbohydrate Choice" equals 15 grams of carbohdyrate. Each of the following foods are examples of one carbohydrate choice:
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Carbohydrate Choices
- Denver Scramble Pita Recipe
- High Cholesterol (E-mails to Christine)
- Food Picker Update
- Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
- Quick Workouts
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Talk with your doctor or registered dietitian about how many carbohydrate choices you should have.
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1/3 cup cooked pasta or rice
- 1/2 cup cooked beans or peas
- 1 small apple
- 1 extra small banana or
- 1 cup low fat milk
Q: In addition to having diabetes I have high cholesterol. What can I order?
A: Cholesterol is only found in animal products. Plant foods will not contain...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Featured Article - Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Controlling blood sugar can delay or prevent diabetes complications. What, when, and how much you eat affects your blood sugar...
Food Tips to Control Blood Sugar
Food Picker® Updates
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
GlucoMenu® Denver Scramble Pita
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1/2 oz. low sodium baked lean ham, diced
1/2 oz. low sodium mozzarella
1/2 whole wheat pita pocket
1. Heat non-stick skillet.
2. Pour in egg substitute. Turn with spatula to ensure eggs do not stick.
3. Add peppers, onion, ham, and cheese. Turn until eggs are done.
4. Spoon egg scramble into pita half.
5. Serve immediately.
6. Makes 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 213, Carbohydrate: 22 g, Fiber: 5 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 19 g, Sodium: 408 mg
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
Greg's Exercise Tips
I love the diet and am doing great... I am exercising as well. The thing I like
about your diet is I never feel hunger. Thanks for all of your help.