GlucoMenu: SUGAR SCORE
Can You Reverse Diabetes?
Q: Can you reverse Diabetes? My husband was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a few months ago.
A: Type 2 Diabetes cannot be reversed, but complications can be minimized with good blood sugar control. Your best defense is a balanced diet, physical activity...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Can You Reverse Diabetes?
- Turkey Panini Recipe
- SUGAR SCORE®
- Attention Members
- Diabetes Sick Days
- Increasing Fiber
- Weight Loss Winner
- Weekly Exercise Tip
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
We are seeing great results with our new SUGAR SCORE® program!
Please Login and visit the red Tools link (top right of the
page above the menus) and check out the SUGAR SCORE® section.
We are utilizing this program in our Diabetes Study and are seeing great results!
GlucoMenu® Turkey Panini Recipe
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. chopped walnuts
1 t. olive oil
dash of black pepper
2 slices Italian bread
1 oz. sliced roasted turkey breast, skinless
1/2 oz. reduced fat, low sodium provolone cheese
1/3 cup sliced red onion
1/3 tomato, sliced
1. In food processor, mix garlic, basil, walnuts, and vinegar. Add oil and pepper to make paste consistency pesto.
2. Spread pesto on 1 side of both pieces of bread.
2. Place turkey, cheese, onion, and tomato on top of pesto on 1 slice of bread. Top with other slice of bread with pesto side on inside of sandwich.
3. Toast sandwich for about 6 minutes until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, turn half way through toasting.
4. Makes 1 sandwich.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 385, Carbohydrate: 44 g, Fiber: 4 g, Fat: 14 g, Protein: 22 g, Sodium: 501 mg
Diabetes Sick Days
Everyone gets the occasional flu or cold but if you have
Diabetes, more attention needs to be given to caring for yourself. Blood sugar can become elevated when you are sick even if you have not eaten
because your body is stressed. Follow these tips when feeling
sick to better control blood sugar...
Sick Days & Diabetes
- We are looking for people to participate in our ongoing Diabetes Self-Management Study.
Diabetes Self-Management Study
Send me an e-mail if you are interested in the Diabetes Study: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below to learn more.
- Let's talk! I've set aside every Saturday to chat with customers and see how things are going.
Send me an e-mail: nutrition@GlucoMenu.com or click the link below.
Schedule a Telephone Call w/ Christine
- Christine's Diabetes Support Group on Facebook - Ask questions, read comments, and get answers from Christine (Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator) as well as other members of the Diabetes Support-Group.
Join me on Facebook!
Food Picker® Updates
Weight Loss Winner
Congratulations to Jason Allen from Fort Worth, TX for losing the most weight this week! Jason lost 3 pounds in the last week and has
lost a total combined 40 pounds since starting GlucoMenu!
Keep up the good work Jason!
Weekly Exercise Tip
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
The American Diabetes Association recommends 25-35 grams of fiber per day. To increase dietary fiber:
A diet rich in fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels and promote weight loss.
- choose whole fruits and vegetables over juices,
- choose whole grain bread over white bread,
- eat whole grain cereals more often than refined, high sugar cereals,
- select brown rice over white rice, and
- choose whole grain pasta over refined flour pasta.
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
I would just like to say thank you so much! I wish I had heard about GlucoMenu® years ago! I am so glad that I just happened across your website. I am very pleased.