GlucoMenu: Can you reverse Pre-Diabetes?
GlucoMenu® Newsletter - Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Unsubscribe | Subscribe
Can You Reverse Pre-Diabetes?
Q: Can you reverse Pre-Diabetes? My doctor just diagnosed me with Pre-Diabetes.
A: It is important to note that if you are diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes you can actually reverse it BUT those who have been diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes cannot. Research shows those with
Pre-Diabetes can prevent or delay a diagnosis of diabetes by making lifestyle changes including a healthy diet, physical activity, and weight loss...
Read Christine's Entire Answer
Message from Christine
Hi Everyone! This week's newsletter includes:
Make it a great week!
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Can You Reverse Pre-Diabetes?
- GlucoMenu Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Featured Article - Diabetes Sick Days
- Tip of the Week - Increasing Fiber
- Weekly Exercise Tip
- Support Group
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Please "Like" Us!
We just implemented the "Like" button. Please click the "Like" button if your enjoy our website.
GlucoMenu® Sample Recipe - Breakfast Burrito
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 oz. low sodium mozzarella cheese
1 Mission low carb soft taco size tortilla
1. Pour egg substitute into non-stick skillet. Begin to cook on medium heat.
2. As eggs begin to solidify, add vegetables and cheese and gently fold mixture. Continue to heat until eggs are cooked.
3. Serve mixture on tortilla.
4. Makes 1 burrito.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 223, Carbohydrate: 23 g, Fiber: 12 g, Fat: 7 g, Protein: 18 g, Sodium: 445 mg
Food Picker® Updates
Featured Article - Diabetes Sick Days
Everyone gets the occasional flu or cold but if you have
Diabetes, more attention needs to be given to caring for yourself. Blood sugar can become elevated when you are sick even if you have not eaten
because your body is stressed. Follow these tips when feeling
sick to better control blood sugar...
Sick Days & Diabetes
Weekly Exercise Tip
GlucoMenu® Support Group
In this issue:
Tip of the Week - Increasing Fiber
The American Diabetes Association recommends 25-35 grams of fiber per day. To increase dietary fiber:
A diet rich in fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels and promote weight loss.
- choose whole fruits and vegetables over juices,
- choose whole grain bread over white bread,
- eat whole grain cereals more often than refined, high sugar cereals,
- select brown rice over white rice, and
- choose whole grain pasta over refined flour pasta.
1. When should I exercise?
2. Should I see a diabetes doctor?
3. Depressed with diabetes
4. Low blood glucose level (response)
5. Need to lose weight but have not seen a dietitian
6. Taking Glipizide, is this diabetes?
7. Why is my blood sugar high in the morning? (response)
I would just like to say thank you so much! I wish I had heard about GlucoMenu® years ago! I am so glad that I just happened across your website. I am very pleased.