GlucoMenu: Diabetes Study
Diabetes Study - Average Weight Loss 14.1 Pounds
After 12 weeks on GlucoMenu, our Pre-Diabetes & Type 2 patients
Great job to everyone involved!
Are you ready to get started today? Sign-Up
Study Participant Feedback
"They (at the doctor's office) were so excited when I went to my appointment over my weight loss and then the test results. I can cut my cholesterol medicine in half! Yay!"
"I have checked three different BMI calculators and therefore it is official - I am no longer obese! I have met one of my long term goals (thanks to you) and now I am on to the next."
"I'm so pleased I found your website. The menus have helped tremendously with keeping me more on track than anything else I have tried thru this past year. I know
I need to work harder on sticking with the program specifically during the evening meal and hours before bedtime. I am so thrilled I lost weight during the
holidays - I've always gained then struggled to take off a few pounds thru the following year. I know the increase in walking and the slow change of food
habits has brought my A1C down and this has given me even more incentive to keep this up working towards a real life style change. I don't want to be on any
more medications than I can help as I get older. According to my last test in December my cholesterol numbers in the past several months (good and bad) are
going in the right directions!"
"I had a doctors appointment and wanted to see if the a1c results were similar. The home test said 5.9 and that seemed really low since I started in August
at 11.9. The hospital A1C the next day was 6.3. Still really good compared with where I started. Also cholesterol went from 269 to 137."
"I had a fasting profile this week. They were the best numbers I've had in a couple years :) Everything in the normal range."
"I'm shrinking!! So is my appetite, but not my energy level. I find it difficult to eat all of the food. If I find it too difficult to finish,
I at least try to eat some of each type of food. I have noticed my energy level is soaring. When everyone at work hits that 3:00 tired feeling,
I still have a ton of energy and no problem concentrating. This is great!"
- A1c decreased three-quarters percentage point (from 7.11 to 6.36)
- Lost 14.1 pounds
Diabetes Self-Management Study
We are currently conducting a study among those with Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes who are interested in taking a more active role in their own health care.
The incidence of Diabetes is rising at epidemic rates in the United States. There are 26 million people with Diabetes and another estimated 79 million with Pre-Diabetes (basically 1 in 3 Americans).
According to the CDC, Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, non-traumatic lower-limb amputations, new cases of blindness, and a major contributor to heart disease and stroke. It is the seventh leading
cause of death. The U.S. spends approximately $200 billion per year on Diabetes related issues.
A Diabetes Self-Management Program (including behavior modification and lifestyle change) can be very helpful in preventing complications
of Diabetes and can be effective in reducing risk for or delaying onset of Type 2 Diabetes among those with Pre-Diabetes.
To measure the effectiveness of an online Diabetes Self-Management Program among those with Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes.
Profile of Study Subjects
- The study is 12 weeks in duration.
- An A1c test is taken at the beginning of the study and at the end of 12 weeks.
- Study participants are provided with a number of self-management tools including: meal plans, grocery shopping lists, exercise program, chart for tracking progress, blood sugar log, etc.
- A questionnaire is presented each week and study participant progress is recorded.
- An optional phone call with a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator is available each week to help answer any questions participants have.
Printable version of the Diabetes Self-Management Study (PDF)
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian & Certified Diabetes Educator
- Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes or Pre-Diabetes
- BMI > 30
- Desire to lose weight
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
GlucoMenu Subscription Includes:
- Easy to follow program
- New menus every week (hundreds of new menu ideas)
- Grocery list makes shopping much simpler
- No "special" foods to purchase
- Comprehensive Substitution List
- Supports weight loss
- Multiple calorie levels: 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100, 2400
- Beginners exercise program
- A "Chart" tracking A1c, BMI, Blood Sugar and more
- Includes menus for holidays and all four seasons
- Carbohydrates evenly distributed throughout the day
- Meets ADA sodium recommendations
- Follows the guidelines put forth by
the American Diabetes Association and American Heart Association for
dietary fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol
- American Diabetes Association magazine mailed to you
- We only focus on Diabetes!