GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Having trouble limiting calories?
If you are trying to lose weight cutting back on what you eat and increasing physical activity is key.
To help cut calories, consider the following tips.
Small day-to-day steps can help limit calories.
Remember, weight loss can be beneficial for controlling blood sugar.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- Avoid eating in front of the television or computer - this
can lead to overeating because attention is not given to whether you are
- Eat something prior to grocery shopping or going to a party
- this can help limit high calorie foods that you ordinarily would not choose.
- Do not skip meals - skipping a meal will only make you
overeat at your next meal.
- Eat slowly and savor your food - this way you will know
when you feel full and are ready to stop eating.
- Stay focused on your meal plan - limit portions.
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator