GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Eat more fiber! Fiber can help with weight loss, reducing cholesterol levels, and make you feel full.
Simple dietary changes can help you add more fiber to your diet.
To increase fiber:
Diabetes Association suggests eating 20-35 grams of fiber each day.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- choose whole fruits and vegetables over juices
- consume at least 3 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit each day
- choose whole grain bread over white bread
- eat whole grain cereals more often than refined, high sugar cereals
- select brown rice over white rice
- choose whole grain pasta over refined flour pasta
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator