GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Check your feet everyday. Nerve complications (numbness) can result
from diabetes and may leave you unaware of injury or infection.
Follow these steps to keep your feet healthy.
Contact your doctor if you have concerns about your feet or diabetes.
Monitor blood sugar as recommended by your doctor and check your feet each
day as a part of staying in good health with diabetes.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- Check for cuts, abrasions, corns, etc. on your feet daily
- Look for cold or warm areas on your feet each day. A cold area may indicate poor circulation while a warm area may indicate infection.
- Wear comfortable shoes that support your feet and do not cause blistering or calluses.
- Test water temperature prior to stepping into the tub to avoid burns.
- Ask your doctor to check your feet at visits.
- Never go outside without shoes on.
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator