GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Having trouble limiting calories? If you are trying to lose weight cutting back on what you eat and increasing physical activity is key.
Here are some tips to help cut calories:
Small day-to-day steps can help limit calories.
Keep in mind that weight loss helps with controlling blood sugar which in turn benefits your health.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- Avoid eating in front of the television or computer - this can lead to overeating because attention is not given to whether you are full.
- Eat something prior to grocery shopping or going to a party - this can help limit high calorie foods that you ordinarily would not choose.
- Do not skip meals - skipping a meal will only make you overeat at your next meal.
- Eat slowly and savor your food - this way you will know when you feel full and ready to stop eating.
- Stay focused on your meal plan - limit portions.
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator