GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Those with hypertension or high blood pressure may have been warned about eating too much sodium.
For some, limiting sodium or salt helps control blood pressure.
High blood pressure can put more stress on the heart, blood vessels, and kidneys.
Here are some tips to help limit sodium in your diet:
Blood pressure can be reduced by limiting sodium (eating right), regular exercise, and weight loss.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- Choose fresh or frozen vegetables over canned
- Select reduced sodium canned foods such as soups, tomatoes, and beans
- Look for reduced sodium cheeses
- Experiment with herbs and spices instead of salting food
- Taste food at the table prior adding salt and remember that a little salt goes a long way
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator