GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Size up your portions! Having a good understanding of
how much a portion is can help you to control the amount of carbohydrates
consumed and decreases chances of overeating. Portions may not need to be weighed
or measured. Often foods can be sized up by comparison to household items.
Read food labels (located on product packaging) for more information regarding portion sizes as well.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- A medium potato is the size of a computer mouse
- A standard size of a bagel is the size of a hockey puck
- A cup of fruit is the size of a baseball
- Three ounces of meat is about the size of a deck of cards
- One ounce of cheese is the size of 4 dice
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator