GlucoMenu® Tip of the Day:
Exercise is 1/2 the equation when it comes to weight loss and it has many health benefits too!
Walking is a great way to improve physical activity and burn calories.
Lacking energy or time? Try breaking your walks down into 3 - 20 minute sessions or 2 - 30 minute sessions each day.
Here are some simple tips for increasing activity:
It's a good idea to speak with your doctor prior to starting an exercise program.
If you have a medical condition (e.g. heart disease) be sure to find out what type of exercise and how much is right for you.
Christine Carlson, MS, RD, BC-ADM, CDE
- take the stairs instead of the elevator
- park your car far away from the store so you walk further
- walk during your lunch hour
- skip the TV and opt for a 30 minute walk
- park the golf cart and walk 9 holes
GlucoMenu® Nutrition Director
Christine Carlson, Registered Dietitian &
Certified Diabetes Educator